Procedure to be observed for verification of educational documents
Request for verification of document from individual person is not entertained. Such request from an organisation / institution only is entertained.
An Institution in need of verification of Educational Documents of Higher Secondary Examination shall have to observe the following procedure:-
- To send a letter addressed to the Deputy Secretary (Exam.), West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, Vidyasagar Bhavan, 9/2, Block-DJ, Sector-II, Kolkata – 91, requesting to verify the Educational Qualification of a student. A list showing the name of student, Roll No. Year of Passing and his / her Result is to be enclosed.The letter should accompany the following:
- Authenticated Photocopy of the Marksheet.
- A verification Fee of Rs. 200/- (two hundred) for Education purpose or Rs. 500/- for Job purpose only per candidate to be sent in Bank Draft drawn in favour of “WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION” preferably on S.B.I. payable at KOLKATA. This fee is chargeable with effect from 13.09.2019.
- Postal Address of the Institution where the verification report is to be sent should be clearly mentioned in the said letter probably in English along with PIN CODE. Phone No. Fax No. if any, should also be mentioned properly. Otherwise Council will not be responsible for non receipt of Verification Report.
- Clearly 15 working days’ time will be normally required to send the verification report from the Council end.
Procedure to be observed for issuance of transcript
A student in need of Transcript of Higher Secondary Educational Document shall have to apply in a prescribed format. The terms and conditions of issuance of transcript are as follows:-
- Application form for a Transcript is to be addressed to the Deputy Secretary (Examination) West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, Vidyasagar Bhavan, 9/2, Block-DJ, Sector – II,Salt Lake, Kolkata – 91.
- Photo Copies of Registration Certificate, Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate must be enclosed along with the application.
- One Transcript is to be issued to one University or Educational Institution Only.
- Separate application form is to e submitted for separate University or Educational Institution.
- Rs.750/- (Seven hundred fifty) only per transcript shall have to be paid in cash or by Bank Draft preferably on S.B.I. to be drawn in favour of “WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION” payable at KOLKATA.
- Clear 15 days’ time will be normally required to issue the transcript if the application is otherwise found.
- For further details please contact Deputy Secretary (Examination) at the above address, Tele Fax (033) 2337-9661.